Liszt/Beethoven transcriptions

Um… I just downloaded Glenn Gould playing Liszt’s transcription of Beethoven’s Symphony 5 off of iTunes and it is blowing me away! I can burn a copy for anyone interested! Just let me know.

(-Gilmore)

One Response to “Liszt/Beethoven transcriptions”

1. dmag says:

So I don’t know how to post in a new topic so I will just post here. I was thinking about the dilemma about lending your book to the person that always ruins it as I came back from class. In the teleological view the end or goal is the only thing that determines the virtue of actions. Couldn’t it be argued that answering truthfully when she asks if you have your book will result in you lending it to her at some point? If you lend the book to her, she will invariably mark on it and destroy the book for you. This will inhibit your learning which is an injustice for you. Couldn’t that be the end or goal of you answer of your answer of her question. This end or goal is an injustice to you, couldn’t it be said that answering truthfully is not virtuous, since answering truthfully would cause injustice to yourself. So in the teleological view, couldn’t it be called virtuous to lie in this situation, therefore the end or goal of lying would be preventing injustice to yourself, since teleology is concerned with the end or goal and not the means. So, for the teleologist, would it be virtuous and right to use what could be considered as not virtuous mea ns to achieve a just end or goal. Then could lying in this situation then be considered virtuous in respect to the end or goal by the teleologist.